1. Stroll through the K-State Gardens
Soak in a kaleidoscopic swirl of colors, scents, sights and sounds in this on-campus gem, where you can take a peaceful walk through the butterfly garden, sit back and relax or bring your children to teach them about plants.
2. Take a photo in front of our many murals
3. Shop local at our historic Downtown
Relish the history and charm of Manhattan by strolling the streets of the historic downtown district. If you’re gonna hang around for a while, hotels, restaurants, coffeehouses, bars, shopping and dozens of other outlets await your arrival.
4. Browse the Marianna-Kistler Beach Museum of Art on campus
Celebrating 25+ years of providing Manhattan with an outstanding display of local art. The Beach Museum contains over 10,000 pieces of art in all different types of art mediums. Each piece emphasizes art of Kansas and the surrounding region.
5. Walk on the water at Pillsbury Crossing
6. Gain a historical point at Riley County Historical Museum
Changing exhibits showcase manuscripts, letters, photographs, diaries and other records of abolitionists’ establishment of Manhattan.
7. Ride a bike down the Linear Park Trail
Whether you’re up for a muddy, rocky uphill climb or a less challenging outing, run or bike completely around Manhattan on a number of trailheads passing through an engaging combination of urban and country scenery.
8. Enjoy free live music at Arts in the Park
BYOLC (bring your own lawn chair) and kick back in The Little Apple’s® City Park as performers from around the country spend summer evenings performing at this free concert series. Generally running weekends, June through August.
9. Sit on the patio of Rock a Belly with hummus and a summer beer
10. Nightlife – There’s always something going on in Aggieville after hours!
11. Catch a show at McCain Auditorium
12. Watch a stunning sunrise at Top of the World
Drive or hike right up to the scenic overlook at Marlatt Washington Park for some stunning views of Manhattan. With great views of Tuttle Creek Lake, Bill Synder Family Stadium, and much more this little spot will make waking up early worth it!
13. Experience K-State Tailgates
14. Learn how to auctioneer at the Flint Hills Discovery Center
15. Shop at Manhattan Town Center
Home to over 50 different shops there’s something for everyone here. Plus be sure to grab a delicious cinnamon roll from Mrs. Powell’s while you’re there.
16. Hike the Konza
17. Three words: Maple. Bacon. Donut.
18. Experience a working ranch – Lazy T Ranch
19. Call Hall Ice Cream
Some of the best ice cream in Manhattan, Kansas you must try this K-State gem. They have 2 locations on K-State’s campus. Call Hall Dairy Bar is located at 1530 North Mid-Campus Drive and Call Hall at the Union is located at 142 Kansas State Student Union.
20. Go Paddling
Adventure is here in Manhattan! Whether you enjoy kayaking, canoeing or stand-up paddling Manhattan has several options for you. For experienced paddlers head out to the Kansas River for novice paddlers opt for Tuttle Creek River Pond.
21. Find your next dream ride at Midwest Dream Car Collection
22. Go fishing at Anneberg Park
Jerry Dishman Lake is in Anneberg Park on the west side of town. This is a small lake perfect for a short afternoon of fishing fun.