View All Posts
Posted on June 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM by Autumn Shoemaker
Friends of Konza Prairie – Call for 2014 Calendar Photos
Members of the Friends of Konza Prairie, Konza docents, and student and faculty researchers at the Konza Prairie Biological Station are invited to submit their Konza photos for possible inclusion in our 2014 Friends of Konza Prairie calendar or FOKP note cards.
1. Images must be taken on the Konza Prairie Biological Station, and may include landscapes, flora, fauna, or activities at Konza (research, environmental education, etc.) We hope to receive images taken at different seasons on Konza and are particularly interested in unique and original subjects.
2. Images must be in LANDSCAPE format. The printed calendar will contain photos printed approximately 10 inches horizontal and 7 1/2 inches vertical. Portrait format photos may be considered for use on FOKP note cards.
3. Up to six images may be submitted per photographer.
4. Submit images in JPG or TFF format with the highest available resolution. Images must be submitted on portable electronic media (CD, DVD, flash memory cards, portable hard drive, etc.). Photographers will be asked at time of submission to sign a release form (release to Friends of Konza Prairie for submitted images to be used in the calendar, note cards, FOKP newsletter, or other publicity.) Please provide helpful information such as the approximate date when each photo was taken, the location on Konza where the picture was taken, and identification of any plants, animals, birds, etc., in the photos. This helps the selection committee when assigning photos to calendar months and assists the person who writes the photo captions.
5. Submit images to Claflin Books and Copies, 1814 Claflin, Manhattan, KS.
6. Images can be submitted through June 30, 2013. Selection of photos for the 2014 calendar will be made during early July.
before leaving your comment