Show All Answers
There are so many, but we'll steer you to five, and the amazing K-Staters on campus can take over from there:
1) Beach Museum of Art, SE part of campus (14th & Anderson)
2) Hale Library and the glorious aesthetics of the main campus library
3) K-State Student Union, recently renovated student space looks practically new
4) The Gardens, horticulture display garden building to a 19-acre garden shrine
5) Call Hall; what's a visit to K-State without grabbing some ice cream? Find it between Dole and Weber halls toward the campus' north end.
Don't forget your selfie in front of Anderson Hall, the picturesque castle near the center of campus.
There are quite a few of them. We'll get you started with these:
1) Flint Hills Discovery Center, tribute to native limestone and tallgrass prairieland, interactive exhibits
2) Kansas State University, fast-tracked to become top-50 public research university by 2025
3) Konza Prairie, 8,600-acre preserve of native tallgrass prairie in Kansas Flint Hills (3 hiking trails)
4) Tuttle Creek, Home to Country Stampede, the Midwest's biggest country music festival, biking/hiking trails, boating and water activities
5) Sunset Zoo, voted state's best with a dizzying degree of dazzling attractions.
You have come to the right place! Manhattan is well known for its eclectic selection of unique dining destinations, and all carry a certain "dramatic flair" for incomparable culinary settings. The Little Apple® dishes up big servings of delectable dishes, whether it's Poyntz panache, awesome Aggieville hot spots or Westloop luminosity, MHK knows how to make magic on a dinner plate.
We've got you covered to find more than a dozen running/walking trails. Manhattan is a biking friendly community with great access and ample bike lanes. With a major university, there's also no shortage of students that find jogging access at City Park and many more beautiful locations. Use this list to get you started.
Paddle on the Kansas River or Tuttle Creek Reservoir's river pond area just 5 miles north of Manhattan. Those are the main areas to paddle in close proximity to MHK. Many of the smaller streams run through private property, so make measured judgments or seek authorization.